- DON'T PAY FOR 14 DAYS
Product & Brand Information
- Waterproof full grain leather upper in a mid high hiking style
- High abrasion heel panel, full lace up front with metal hardware
- Waterproof bellows tongue, padded collar
- Soft fabric lining, dual density insole
- Shock absorbing rubber midsole
- Vibram Roccia Block(R) heavy lug outsole
Customer Ratings & Reviews
75% would recommend to a friend.
- write a review
Serious old-style boot
These are serious old-style boots like your parents or grandparents used in the Dolomites in the 60s. They are heavy and I cannot imagine what it would take to damage them. I have had mine for 10+ years. They are scuffed up to a suede-like finish, but they still function just fine. Just add neatsfoot and you are ready to go. Another reviewer on this site reports that theirs fell apart, but unless they are no longer made the same way, s/he must have gotten an anomalous pair. These boots are really stiff, perhaps too stiff, but if you wear them around for about a week before a long hike you will re-acclimate your foot to these fortresses. These boots don't really break in, rather, you are broken into them. If you and the boots get along, you will be served by them for many, many years. If your feet don't like them, you are out of luck.