Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Olivia: "I wear these almost every day, weather permitting. Best boots ever. Worth every penny!"
- Lillian: "My daugther has a hard time finding both because of her athletic calf. She is a size 6 in clothes and wants to wear good looking boots. Hope these work."
- Jason: "Christmas present for my wife."
- Solveig: "Gift for daughter. She likes Fryes. The 15% off discount brought me to your site, it is a great deal."
- Leslie: "Beautiful color and exceptional leather quality in this boot. Also love the wide calf"
- pamala: "gift for daughter in law"
- Stephanie: "Good quality + coupon worked on these"
- JOAN: "These are great looking boots and one of Frye's best sellers. I'm thrilled that they now come in wide calf. I've been wanting these for years!"
- Arleen: "This boot will never go out of style and the cognac leather gets better with age. The wider calf lets me tuck pants in with room to spare -- even with my 15 inch calf."
- Jenny: "Classic, timeless"
- L: "Love these boots and need some brown boots"
- Rachel: "They will fit my wide calves and they are absolutely beautiful!"
- danielle: "These are great boots. Classic style."
christie asked: I need womens sixe 8 in this shoe. Can you help?
- Emily (staff): "Hi Christie, We are currently out of stock of the Melissa Button Wide Calf in a size 8. The Melissa is offered in a variety of colors, both regular and wide calf. Please click the link below to view:P http://www.shoes.com/en-US/_/_/_/Boots/Srch0+melissa/Products.aspx?icid=entiresitesearch Hope that helps! Emily"
- karen: "Got these for my daughter. They fit true to size in length and width. She has athletic calves, but these were way too wide for her so I returned them."
Cathie asked: Why are you touting this as a "wide calf" boot...15" is not wide?
- karen: "The regular ones are 15". The wide calf ones are really wide. That is an error."
- Emily (staff): "Hi Cathie, We have labelled these as wide calf boots, according to Frye's definitions. I hope this helps. Thank you, Emily"
- Stacy: "I accidentally bought the "wide calf boot", clicking fast and not realizing it came in two different models. I do not need a wide calf boot, and I was all ready to send them back when they came. When they arrived, I decided to try them on, and found them to fit just fine, with no sloppy material left in excess in the calf area. I was expecting a noticeably large calf area of the boot, but this was not the case. I love these boots! The color is beautiful, and the classic style is here to stay."
- Lukrica: "Hi Cathie, I bought these boots last year and I'm very happy with them. I have wide calves and while they're not excessively wide I have noticed that with other boots it can be somewhat uncomfortable. With these Fryes my calves are more than accommodated with a little room to spare. They're not that wide but they are a bit wider than normal. Hope my experience guides your decision a bit."