Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
Elaine asked: Does this shoe run true to size, especially in length?
- Margaret: "I thought so. Love these shoes, and I'm not normally a clog wearer."
- Monique: "Yes it does."
- Katherine: "yes,,, I have numerous pairs of Merrell Women's Encore Breeze (and other derivatives). I find them to be comfortable, consistent in size, good support and room in the toe box!"
- Susan: "I wear a 9D and it was true to size (length)."
Gary asked: It's hard to tell from photos how well these shoes pack into a suitcase. Do they compress easily and retain their shape if "mooshed" into a bag? Are they lightweight for travel?
- Katherine: "Yup!"
- Elaine: "Absolutely!"
- mary: "They travel well and retail there shape even after being mood he'd in a suitcase for several hours. Very comfortable as well"
- Sheila: "Great shoe, pack nicely and retain there shape, light weight, your legs and feet feel great after a long day of wear."
cindy asked: Has anyone had an issue with this shoe stretching out a little bit???
- Elaine: "Yes. 'Know what I did? Washed them! They got a bit stretched out because I wear this style 24/7...so when I work in the garden, they get wet - and a bit sweaty - when I water my plants and clean up my work area. This is how I found out the shoes are so durable. I think any shoe that is worn every day, gets watered and battered, will give a little. Just in case you want to know: I put them outside in the sun to dry, except in the winter."
- Annette: "I have not had my shoes stretch any. They still fit well."
- Meaghan Kate: "I have not and that is after 10 hr plus days... But I mostly stand."
- Diana: "Yes, they have stretched a bit. I have 3 pairs in dif. colors. I now need to wear socks in colder weather, and will probably add a shoe liner in warmer weather for better fit. I need this style shoe for comfort and Merrill quality is great...the mesh will give some for sure."
- dawn: "I love these shoes and no I have not had any issues with these shoed stretching. They still fit me the same since I purchasrd them in Aug. of 2011. They are so comfortable that I only were these shoes when I go out for my long walks instead of my Nikes walking shoes. I hope you enjoy your shoes as much as I do. Dawn K."
Dominique asked: Was the shoe size of the shoe you ordered the same fit as other shoes you have? If not were they smaller or larger?
- Laura: "Oddly, the black pair of Merrill shoes that I bought from you in '12 was nearly the same size as I am used to wearing. However, earlier, maybe 3 years ago I bought a pair of Navy blue in this same shoe and it was a half size bigger than I normally wear. I managed to wear the shoes by simply wearing ankle socks with them. In either case, I find them to be great wearing and lasting shoes."
- Bonnie: "Yes, these fit as all Merrell shoes fit...very consistent. Since I wear orthotics, I only buy Merrell since the inserts come out and there is always good support. All the encore breeze shoes are comfortable with support! I finally found a shoe that I can wear for everyday besides tie shoes! Their warmer slipper type shoes in encore are also great since you can also wear them outdoors with the good sole."
- A: "Yes. I found this shoe to be very true to size."
- Victoria: "Same fit size, but if you have to wear inserts or have long nails, order the next size UP."
- Miriam: "They were true to size in terms of length but were on the narrow side. I had to order the wide width but I'm very happy with them."
Bernadette asked: Are these non slip shoes?
- Joy: "To be perfectly honest I'm not 100% sure, but I do know they are unbelievably comfortable!!"
- Cecilia S: "The soles have a tread so I have never slipped. Shoes are very comfortable."
- Janita: "These shoes have a rubberized sole with tred, very solid footing snow and rain and high gloss flooring"
- Kara: "I have had no slipping problems, the bottoms have a good rubber grip."
- A: "Yes, they are non-slip. The sole is rubber."
- Monique: "They are non slip shoes. ,confortable, light. I cannot do without these shoes anymore since they give me confidence while walking and the support I need for my back. I am a fan of Merrell Encore Breeze shoes. I have them in red, in light blue, in dark blue......Etc."
- Victoria: "These are entirely non-slip. After having foot surgery in May these are nearly worn daily. The insoles can be replaced if you have orthodics. Pretty true to size. Lightweight for this type shoe."