Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Julie: "I had these shoes before & wore them out. Was happy to find them again."
- Marilyn: "Last Melissa shoe very comfortable"
- P: "i LOVE BORN SHOES! WANTED TO TRY SOMETHING I'VE NEVER HAD BEFORE, SHOES WITH A TIE!!"
- Marisa: "I had a pair and loved them. After 7 years of wearing them throughout europe they just looked worn, but were still in great condition. Worth getting again as I am leaving for Denmark in Sept."
- Sandra: "I liked the looks"
Suzy asked: How does this shoe differ from the "Sommer" shoe? Is the heel a bit higher on one of these?
- Hillary (staff): "Hi Suzy, Unfortunately, we are unable to answer your question. We're very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you, Hillary"
Eileen asked: Do these run true to size? Is the toebox roomy or cramped? How about arch support? Thanks!
- Donna: "When I buy Born lace shoes I always buy a half size larger. This shoe is the same. I bought a half size larger. The toebox is somewhat cramped. The arch support is only fair. The quality of the shoe is great, but because of the other features I don't wear them as much as I would like."
- Joann: "First I want to say that I have had many pairs of BORN shoes and found them all to be great and consistent in size and comfort. However, the Melissa shoe took getting use to. As I took the advise of those who wrote in, I did get a half size larger than I usually wear. The extra size I guess was needed, but I did have to adjust, and re-adjust the lace-tightening to get just the right fit for me. Once I did this I find that I love the shoe as much as I've loved all the BORN shoes I've worn over the years. It did take some getting use to though. All in all the shoe is a good walking shoe which is what I purchased them for, and they do have lots of support in the arch. Joann S."