Rated 4.7 out of 5 by 9
Rated 2 out of 5 by jedikitty Did not pass the bar...
I liked these Born clogs online very much so I bought them in size 9M / Euro 40.0, in Caf Leather.
I normally wear US size 8.5 in open toed, and 9.0 in closed toed footwear. My feet are regular/medium bordering on slightly wide (but usually not wide enough for a "wide" shoes).
When "Marley" arrived and I tried them on, I was sad to discover several things about them that I just didn't "love":
1. the sizing; this size 9 felt and fit like size 10, which was just way too big for me to keep them. My foot just sunk into these clogs, and the heel end of the clogs stuck out so far past my own heel, that it just looked all wrong.
The width seemed to be quite generous, too; almost too wide.
2. the leather; nice enough but a bit too shiny. The photos online show just a touch of shine to the leather but, in real life, they are much shinier which looks weird on a clog that's supposed to look rugged and distressed.
Also, on my right clog, the toe area leather kind of curled/wrinkled as if improperly sewn together, or defective.
3. the "Traction pattern polyurethane outsole" provides very little traction on any kind of tile/ceramic floors. I almost wiped out in my kitchen while just trying the "Marley" on... Perhaps, with wear and tear, the soles would scuff enough to put some traction assurance in my step but, at the current price, this would be an expensive experiment with unpredictable results.
What I did like:
1. the height; super comfortable without putting any strain on the ball of foot, or the heel. I have an arthritic lower back, so am very particular about comfort.
2. the color - a lovely shade of brown with just a hint of grey and/or purple, very unusual and, I believe, this could be called "mushroom".
3 - the weight; this is a feather light clog, so "walking for miles" would be no problem.
So, back they went. I wish these clogs had a regular rubber soles; that would guarantee traction on all kinds of surfaces. As for Born brand sizing; I find it inconsistent, although I am from Europe and very used to Euro sizing. But, in Born, I think I'd size down. "Wenonah" clogs are next on my list so stay tuned :)
August 11, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by shallie love them
Love the style, Love the heel, Love the comfort ; I just Love everything about them, I wish they came in leather , and other colors mabie distressed brown
March 12, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by grownup0808 excellent shoe
basically an excellent shoe. i run aroun hospital floors all day long and my feet and toes don't ever hurt. i love born. did not hold up in black suede.
January 4, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by brutiesma Born Women's Marley
These shoes are worth the price. They are true to fit and very comfortable.
December 2, 2010
- More BORN Women's Marley Reviews
- BORN Women's Marley reviews (page 2)
- BORN Women's Marley reviews (page 3)