Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- camille: "have loved frye boots for years. wanted a short pair"
- E: "LOOKS"
- Diana: "These will last for years, classic style goes with everything."
- C: "I like the style and looks easy to put on."
Deb asked: What does the 8R stand for? Regular width? it comes up medium. Is there a difference
- laura: "I'm not exactly sure what R stands for, maybe length of Rise up the calf? 8R is shorter than 12R is shorter than 15R. It is definitely not width, in case that helps."
- Adrienne: "I believe it has to do with the height of the boot -- 8 inches, perhaps? There is another Frye Engineer boot called the 12R, and they come up much higher on the leg, almost halfway to the knee. I personally wanted something a little shorter so I went with the 8R. They are very cute and I'm glad I didn't get the higher ones because I think they'd be super-heavy. The 8R's are heavy enough! Hopes this helps! -a"