Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Denise: "discounted and flat heels with wide calves....hard to find"
- Janice: "A Christmas gift for our daughter, wanted leather..."
- Jana: "looking for dressy, comfortable boot. Classy without a lot of extra embellishment. Good reviews."
- Christine: "My daughter in law had it on her Christmas wish list."
- Jessica: "So comfy! In have them in tan! They are great"
- Leanne: "Like the look and it was a wide calf"
- Marci: "I chose these boots because I have been wanting them and shoes.com had them for the best price."
Sarah asked: Is the buckle gold or silver on the black boots?
- Lisa: "Gold "
- Cristina: "The buckle is gold"
Shanique asked: What is the largest calf circumference that the size 8.5 goes to? Also, I wear size 7.5 wide and was hearing that these run narrow, do you think the 8 or 8.5 would be better for me?
- ashley: "I am not sure of the circumference of the calf on size 8.5 but if you normally wear a wide shoe, I would not recommend getting this boot unless it comes in a wide. I have a very narrow foot and it took a few times to wear before they stretched a little and didn't hurt my feet anymore. "
- Susan: "I have large calves and wear a 7.5 medium. I bought the 7.5 and they fit nicely, and do expand a little in the foot area to adjust to my foot. The calf part fits great too, with room to increase or decrease the tightness towards to top. If you wear a wide, I would suggest just the next size up."
meryl asked: if you loosen the buckle is the circumference greater than 15 inches? I need 17 inch circumference
- p: "Are the 7 and 7.5 the same size? Just curious as they both seem to be advertised as the european size 38. I only ask because I need a 7, but you only have 7.5 available..."
- Lisa: "I have a size 6.5 and the largest circumference is 16 inches. It may be wider for a larger size, but I'm not sure. You'd have to punch new holes in the strap too. Hope that helps!"
Mai asked: Where are these made?
- Christina: "I have read reviews that the ones that are made in china, and not Brazil are not authentic steve madden."
- Emily (staff): "Hi Mai, These boots are made in China. Thank you, Shoes.com"