Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Sandy: "For boating"
- shelly: "I LIKE KEEN SHOES THEY ARE COMFORTABLE. ESPECIALLY IF YOU STAND AND WALK ALOT."
- Ronel: "This is my third pair. I love these sandals. They are comfortable; I've walked miles in them and have even used them for hiking. Highly recommended."
- T: "to have additional colors- I already have 2 pairs of keen shoes. Best arch support ever, and very comfortable to wear for long days full of walking."
- J: "I have a pair of red ones that I have worn for years and I need a new pair."
- Maria: "they offer good support. and are very comfortable."
MICHELLE asked: COULD YOU USE FOR GARDENING -- STEP ON A SHOVEL/GARDEN FORK?
- Maureen: "Yes, they are thick enough in the front and bottom. However, I tried to use for gardening and the dirt gets in on all sides--very annoying. I wear them to school and they are great!"
- Martha: "Yes I think you could. They have a hard sole and a nice cover over the toe. I have had my Keens for three years and they are great. I bought these shoes for my daugter and the started falling apart after a month. I should have contacted Keens and sent them back."
- Rosanna: "These are not really for gardening. The openings would allow dirt inside the bed of the shoe. They are fabulous for walking, hiking, running, etc."
- MICHELLE: "Thanks so much! Really appreciate the info. Nice touch on this site. MMMc"
- MICHELLE: "Thanks so much! Really appreciate the info. MMMc"
- MICHELLE: "Thanks so much. Appreciate the info. MMMc"
- Rhesa: "Michelle, Yes you could. They are extremely comfortable and give great support. They fit just like athletic shoes but with great air circulation. I have actually gone through two pairs due to all my walking. I also wear them in the winter with socks. Hope this helps."
- Valerie: "Michelle M, You definitely can use these in the garden. The soles are hard rubber with good grip. I purchased mine to wear on solid volcanic rock in the Galapagos Islands and they were comfortable, good in the water and dried quickly. My only disllike was because the toe box is covered, when you walk in sand or small rocky trails, the grit and rocks get under your feet and you need to remove the sandal to get them out. However, the toe box is good lower foot/toe protection. I hope this helps with your decision."
- Dana: "yes definitely"
- Audrey: "You can, depending on the job. The sole is certainly strong enough, but done the top is sort of open dirt and rocks can get in there. I wear them for very light stuff like planting flowers, but for digging a big hole for a tree, you'll do better with something more sturdy. I love my Keens and wear them for lots of activities!"
- Sharon: "Oh yes you can use them for anything, except maybe for dancing the tango. They are my absolute favorite shoes. I am on my 4th pair and won't wear anything else in the summer. I hike in them, swim in them, garden in them. They have loads of support and you don't stub your toes. They are great when digging with a shovel. They also last a very long time. I'm sure I got at least 2 years wear out of each of my first two pairs."
- Lisa: "You could use this shoe with a shovel or fork. It is pretty sturdy. However I think you would find it annoying how dirt and clumps would get inside your sandal. I have noticed when walking on dirt trails etc I am often having to take it off to remove small rocks. Hope this helps. "