Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Dixie: "Orthaheel is the only brand that doesn't cause foot pain."
- susan: "Im a nurse on my feet 10 hrs a day and have plantar fasciitis. Hoping for some relief"
L asked: Do these fit true to size?
- Debra: "The only thing about these shoes when compared to other athletic shoes is that the toe box is a little roomier. I really enjoy mine but it took a day or two to get use to the extra room."
- Michele: "they run a little small but I always buy a half size bigger in athletic shoes. I wear a 7.5 in regular shoes."
- Mary: "These run a bit big, order 1/2 size smaller than you normally would. I wear an 8 1/2 normally, so I order an 8 in these. This is my 3rd pair."
- Emily: "I wear Orthaheel shoes all the time and would not be without them, however, I find that if you wear a half size and don't have a wide foot, you would want to size down a half size."
Marguerite asked: I have had back surgery which failed leaving me with multiple back, leg and foot problems. I am pleased with the feedback on this shoe but it is very important to find out how much they weigh. I currently wear Crocs and have a pair of very pricey SAS shoes gathering dust in my closet because they were to heavy and aggravated my back. I realize this is a tough question but could anyone who wears them tell me if they would be significantly heavier than my Crocs ?.
- Lisa: "I think they are heavier than crocs."
- karen: "Hi Marquerite. Yes the sneakers are heavier than crocs. Crocs are extremely light. These are like regular sneakers in weight. They are NOT the newer featherweight type sneakers. That said they are the only shoes I can work in the garden in all day and still be able to walk the next morning (plantar fasciatis)"
- Emily (staff): "Hi Marguerite, I would also think they would be heavier than crocs. They weigh approximately 13oz. Thank you, Emily"
- ruth: "I would think that they would be significantly heavier than crocs. As an avid orthaheel "holly slide" orthaheel wearer, also have had back surgery, I have been very unsatisfied with these shoes overall. Do not feel the support plus I have a very normal width foot and these feel like they are for extra wide feet. Only reason I didn't return them was because I wore them to work one day thinking they felt ok"
Cheryl asked: I BOUGHT orthaheel sandles in a size 7 which is the size I normally wear and they were to big A. size 6 fit me instead. Is this the same with all orthaheel shoes? I want to buy a pair of sneakers and I am not sure which size to buy.
- Gerene: "I am a size 11 and that is what I purchased and they were perfect--better than any other sneakers I have ever purchased. The toe box is very roomy so my toes do not get rubbed. The high arch feels odd at first, but after wearing them about 3 times, they feel normal. My heel and foot pain is tremendously reduced. I run a couple of ministries at church where I am on my feet all day cooking for the courses, and I was in terrible pain by the time I went home. NOW, no pain, just normal tired. When I don't wear my shoes, I notice more pain, much less when I do wear them. I am grateful. I hope they work out for you!"
- Mark: "I ordered the orthaheel walker in my normal size and it fit perfectly. I hope this helps!"
- m: "I bought the Orthaheel Womens Walker Shoes in my normal size (8) and they fit perfectly."
- jeanne: "I am a size 8 1/2 and my sneakers are an 8 1/2. They fit fine. I wore them all over Disney World and they were great!"
- Elizabeth: "Yes I found I needed size smaller in the Mary Jane style. I bought my normal size in the walker . They have more padding and you wear a sock with this shoe."
- George: "The shoes are true to size but they don't fit your foot like the sandals do so don't expect that to be the case. This is true in all shoes."
- Marian: "I usually wear a size 8 1/2 in sneakers so I ordered this size. I returned them and tried an 8 and that fit better. I found, too, that the Orthaheel sandals ran a bit big for me."
- Gayle: "The sizes are inconsistent depending on each shoe. My first pair were a slide/sling back in 9 which was good for me, the second pair were walkers/blue but I got a 10 to accommodate for thick socks; that worked well also. The latest pair of bedroom slippers were also ordered in a 10 because of all the padding..... they were so bad and so ill fitting that I returned them; at the same time setting my foot recovery back 3 weeks. It seems to be hit and miss on sizing, just make sure your purchase can be returned without charge and keep on trying."
- Barbara: "I bought my normal size which is a 10 and fit fine, so I would order what you normally wear."
- linda: "I brought a 7.5 my normal size in the athletic shoe. It was too big. Returned it and bought a size 7. These were too small and returned them too. It's a shame since I love all of the sandals and slippers in this brand and would love to have the Orthaheel Walker shoe but am tired of not finding the right fit and paying for shipping!"
- Teresa: "My walker shoes are my normal size. The sandals I purchased are also my normal size, but they were wider than I like - length was normal. I have to say the toe area of the shoes are roomy, but with socks on they fit me fine. The arch support is a tad too close to my heel so I don't think I could have used the smaller size. Sorry, probably not too much help. Since it is free shipping back and forth, I would suggest get your normal size first. A small size might be too small and cause blisters if you try to walk very much in them."
- Ann: "I usually buy a size 7 in a sneaker because I like to wear thicker socks. Orthaheel recommended a 1/2 size smaller in their shoes because of the way they realign your foot so I ordered a 6-1/2 but I wish that I had ordered a 6 because they are still a little big. I started wearing them right away because I had injured my foot and could hardly walk without them so I didn't have the time to send them back and wait for another pair. They are great sneakers and give me the right kind of arch support."