Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Kathy: "I have found Ryka shoes to be the most comfortable and I have plantars Fascitis and I do not have foot pain with this shoe."
- Renee: "Have Rykas, very comfortable and wanted this pair before they should become discontinued"
Mary asked: Would these be good for dancing, turning, pivoting, etc on a wood floor at a gym? Zumba dance moves are hard to do with most athletic shoes. I am looking for the style that allows turns and rapid side to side motions as well as giving support.
- Hillary (staff): "Hi Mary, I would not recommend wearing this style for Zumba. We recommend wearing styles that have a built in pivot point in the sole of the shoe. Below we have provided a link for styles that can be worn during Zumba; http://www.shoes.com/en-US/_/_/_/_/Srch0+pivot/Products.aspx?icid=entiresitesearch?originalsearchterm=null Thank you, Hillary"
- Karen: "Not so sure about these for Zumba. They would do okay for side to side . I have only used these for walking and they are my go to shoes when I know I'm going to be on my feet for a long period. Which I could help you but I have never done Zumba so I really don't know."
- Karen: "I have worn my Ryka's for Zumba on a wood floor with no problem. I also wear them for my aerobics class in which there are a lot of agility moves and again, no problem."
Sandra asked: do they run true to size? If I order 71/2 wide would it fit true to size
- Karol: "Yes they do fit true to size."
- Cassandra: "Yes. The shoes are true to size. I ordered a 1/2 size, and the shoe was a perfect fit."
- JoAnne: "yes, I have always found that Rykas run true to size. I love them."
- Gayle: "I ordered my usual size and they fit just fine."
- Katherine: "They ran true to size for me (7 Wide)."
- Karen: "They fit me fine. I would say they are true to size. Love wearing them."
- Teresa: "As I remember they were true to size, just very uncomfortable."
Lucy asked: My orthotics measure 10.75 inches in length. Do I need a 9.5 or 10? (it needs to be a wide or (C D width).
- Karen: "In my experience, Ryka shoes run a little small. I usually wear a 5.5, but the 6 is much more comfortable for me. The 5.5 pinches my toes. So I think I would recommend going a half size up."
- Gina: "I usually wear a nine but to be on the safe side, I used the Ryka sizing chart and ordered a 9.5. It was too big and I had to return the shoes. So I would suggest ordering your usual size."
- Vivian: "My shoe size is 10m I went up 1/2 size! After wearing them the 10m is the best fit."
- Emily (staff): "Hello, Here is a link to a printable women's sizing chart that would help you find the correct size. http://www.shoes.com/App_Themes/Default/images/infopages/sizecharts/womens_sizechart.pdf Thanks, Shoes.com"
Kathryn asked: Does this shoe have arch support?
- Christine: "Yes it is amazing! I am a critical care nurse, on my feet and on the go for 12 - 14 hours at a time.....the support is wonderful!"
- Maida: "Yes. It is a very comfortable shoe. There is no break-in time required. I bought mine for a trip to Chicago, which included much walking . I am still wearing them. They are great shoes"
- carolyn: "yes, they are comfortable."
- Teresa: "I bought these shoes as a gift so I am sorry that I can't answer your question."
- MARILYN: "This shoe isnt supersupportive but is decent and its more flexible than alot of shoes. Its not flat in arches"
- Sandra: "The arch support is minimal at best."
- Karen: "It does but not a high support. It is a comfortable shoe."
- Patricia: "Yes. This shoe has good arch support."
- Melissa: "Kathryn, these shoes are THE most comfortable shoes I've ever owned and they look nice as a bonus! Yes, they have some arch support but I like really good support so I removed the insoles which came with them and put in a $30 pair of insoles to make them perfect! I think you will be happy with them either way. Hope this helps!"
- Evelyn: "Yes, this shoe has arch support--probably the standard amount, but not the best I've seen. It is very comfortable for me, and lightweight. ecb"