Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Robert: "Tried these on in local store, loved them, but they didn't have my size."
- Michael: "I had this pair before and loved them"
- Barry: "Already have one pair and they are getting worn out so I am replacing them with new ones."
- Bruce: "comfortable"
- R: "I own a pair of these shoes- they look great for the summer and are very comfortable!"
- Sharon: "already own a pair, like them"
David asked: Where can I get my Margaritaville Havana Shoes repaired. They are only about 6-7 years old & other than the problem in excellent condition & very comfortable. On one of the shoes the sole has completely come loose from the leather upper. I searched & searched around Dothan, Al. for a Cobbler to repair them, even the main one that has tried to repair my boots, then damaged them, then blamed the boots before I found that Redwing could repair them & did an excellent job years ago. I can find no one to repair these, so I to some degree repaired them myself & I am by no means a Cobbler. I see that the machine must have gone berserk in stitching this shoe & that is why it failed. Where can I get them repaired properly? Is there a factory address that you can send them to for re-soling? Please let me know as I love these shoes.
- Emily (staff): "Hi David, Unfortunately I don't have an address to give you. I really wish that I could help you out. I hope that you find a shoe repair shop that can fix your shoes. Best of Luck, Emily"
- Emily (staff): "Hi David, I would suggest taking them to your local shoe repair store, I'm sure they can be re-soled. Or you could contact Margaritaville directly. I hope this helps, Emily"
megan asked: My husband has a pair of these but become very smelly after a year of wearing them. Does anyone know how to clean these shoes?
- Diannea: "We have put baking soda in my husband's to obsorb the odor and the dump it out when he wears them. He thinks that the baking soda helps keep his feet from sweating so much when he wears them afterwards."
- Steve: "I use the plastic balls air fresheners in all my shoes and gold bond foot powder in all of my shoes before I wear them for an extended period of time. When wearing them for long periods of time where they get sweatty. I let them air dry outisde or put them on the air vents in my home when I get home."
- Cherri: "the only thing that works is the odor eaters that go in shoes. even the cheaper ones work. change them out as needed."
Tom asked: I want to wear these without socks. How well do they breathe, do your feet sweat much in them?.....Thanks
- Sheila: "The men in the house wear them often and do not wear socks. So far so good. They are their go to shoes."
- Ron: "They don't breathe. Yes, your feet will sweat. They are very comfortable and seem to be made for the no socks crowd"
- Christopher: "Hi Tom -- I've been wearing these on weekends both with and without socks for about the last two months -- in hot and humid NY -- and haven't experienced any moisture problems at all. There's very little needed in the way of a break-in period; they're comfortable right out of the box. Hope this helps. All the best -- Chris M."
- Nelson: "I wear them all the time without socks, but I live in the mountains wwhere it is a cooler climate. On a hot day my feet will sweat some. "
- Al: "I wear these shoes without socks all the time. They "breath" quite well. My dogs are quite comfortable in them. Al"
- Brad: "They are my favorite shoes with our with out socks"
- Tami: "I bought them for my dad and he has not had any problems with sweating."
- Alison: "I bought these for my husband and he said that the shoes breathe pretty good and his feet don't sweat much in them! He loves them!"
- jose: "don't wear without socks. I bought 2 pairs before a summer trip to EU and intended to use without socks. Not a good idea. It did not work for me."