Shoes.com asked: Why did you choose this?
- Stella: "My son wanted it for school."
- G: "I THOUGHT IT WAS THE SAME AS i GOT LAST YEAR BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT MY SON LIKES."
- Julian: "because i want them"
- Conner: "shoes.com always has the best deals and the style I am looking for!"
- L: "For son going off to college"
- K: "These are my son's favorite shoes. An all time classic!"
- Jerry: "Looks and price"
- D: "school shoe"
- Renay: "Comfortable and long wearing"
- Mohammad: "dey fire"
- Megan: "for a gift"
- Eli: "Part of my son's school uniform."
- Nicholas: "Shop Discover"
- Petrina: "My son has a pair that is getting old and worn out and I am buying him a new pair for his birthday."
- John: "Needed casual shoes"
- ashley: "Easy!"
- Neli: "they are cool"
- Buz: "Have a old pair that I realy liked so I wanted to replace them."
- Michael: "I just wanted a casual shoe for the summer that would be nicer than sandals."
- kim: "bill me later feature. its quick and easy"
- Kevin: "Great product and better prices than any other site!"
- Brenda: "Because my husband loves Sperry Top Siders and what a great Father's Day gift! He will love them."
- Lynn: "My husband loves them!"
- Tanya: "Good quality shoes for my boys!"
- Rebecca: "replacing same"
- Gregory: "Great shoes. Classic style & very comfortable."
- tamorah: "My 17-year-old son loves his current pair so much that they are getting beat up as he is outgrowing them; he said he has to have another pair!"
Lawrence asked: I tried these on in a store in two different sizes (9.5 and 10) and I was wearing socks. Size 9.5 is tight on me near my front of my foot like my toes are squeezed together a bit, while size 10 are a bit more loose. When I break these in, do they get bigger? If so, enough where I can stick with size 9.5?
- James: "Socks? Don't wear socks with boat shoes. You're supposed to be getting wet. You'll probably find they fit more naturally if worn as designed. Over time, they will have a personalized fit (wet/dry, wet/dry, they will conform to the wearer)."
- Emily (staff): "Hi Lawrence, Unfortunately there are no other customers that purchased these shoes available to answer your question. We do offer free returns on unworn merchandise if they don't work for you. Hope this helps, Emily"
Lawrence asked: Do these shoes have long shoe laces were you can tie a shoe knot like you can do with sneakers or do these have short shoe laces were they are hidden and mostly for decorative purposes?
- TODD: "Yes you can tie them for a snug fit."
- Brenda: "The laces are more than long enough. "
- Amy: "They are long enough to tie in a bow, which is how my son wears them. I think they just show them this way in the pic to make them photograph nicer and neater."
- James: "long leather"
- Richard: "Shoelaces are long enough to tie (and even double knot) a bowknot. "
Kathy asked: can you tie these laces? Are they adjustable?
- Cindy: "Yes, you can tie them but they are not really adjustable as they are leather laces."
- Neil: "Yes, these shoes can be tightened or loosened by retying them. It has a really long leather lace that runs around the top openning of the shoe. Even so, they are mostly slip-ons. The laces just assure you can keep them adjusted right."
- Adrian: "Yes, you can tighted and loosen the shoes via the leather laces. But, as leather laces it is a little difficult to tie (compared to normal laces)"
- Travis: "Even though the laces aren't exposed in the photo, the laces come out regularly and can be tied like any other shoelaces. J. Crew sells some Sperry Topsider Authentic Originals where the laces appear like the pictures here and are not functional, but that is NOT the case with these."
- Marc: "YES! The picture just shows them tucked in. Comfy shoes once broken in."
- Howell: "yes"
william asked: Do the pictures accurately represent the color of the shoes' leather and sole?
- Travis: "Not really. There is a fair amount of inconsistency to the actual finish of the leather, but the shoes are generally less shiny than in the photos. This is the basic, light-brown Sperry Topsider A/O that you see all over the place. When mine came, they were much less shiny and much more flat."
- joseph: "Mine pretty much look just like the picture. My previous pair seem a shade darker but I believe they change a bit over time with wear."
- Christopher: "The pictures does accurately represent the color of the shoe but I would say that the shoes look far better in person!"
- Howell: "No. Colors of top and bottom are reversed. "
nam asked: Why does the sole of this shoes different from other websites ?
- Christopher: "I can't really say that it differs but I will say that these shoes are very comfortable and are pretty versatile and are able to be worn for any occassion"
- MM3 Nickolas: "I had the same problem two times in a row even after telling customer service over the phone. They sent me a new pay that still wasn't the right color so I finally decided to just return them and buy them at Journeys."
- Howell: "Because the colors are wrong in the picture on this website. The soles are dark chocolate and the leather is light tan. "
- Gregory: "It doesn't. The sole of this shoe is natural and not white because this color is Sahara not brown. Sahara is like a natural baseball glove color leather although not at all orange. All Sperry's in this color come with the natural sole. This is my favorite color top sider and they look good with anything."
Vicki asked: do these shoes actually have shoe laces that you tie ?
- Lawrence: "Do these have long laces like most sneakers or do they have short laces that you Co's tie a normal loop in front of the shoe?"
- Vicki: "thanks I did order them yesterday for my son's Birthday"
- Lori: "The picture is misleading - they have the normal leather laces that tie, like you would expect them to."
- Neil: "There is a long leather strap as a lace that goes all the way around the opening and then ties in front. I wear them as slip-ons,and I only have to tie them when they occasionally come untied or when I want a tighter fit."
- Gregory: "Yes and no. They do have raw hide laces that go around the sides of the shoe as you can see in the pictures. They also tie in the front where the four holes are (you see and X in the picture)...but you do not tie and untie them like regular shoes. Once you have them adjusted to your liking you simply slip them on and off!"
- Elizabeth: "Yes, the laces shown can be tied"
- joseph: "They have laces, but once tied you're good, they are basically slip ons from there. Rarely need to tie them again "
- Vicki: "thanks - have you ever bought on line before from other than Sperry- ? Shoes . com has the identical color/title and all views are same as Sperry cept the laces, and at the other site .com shoes they don't show the Sperry logo ( sailboat ) on the back of shoe view. Everything else is same"
- Travis: "Yes. Even though the pictures look like the version with decorative laces, they actually do have laces that tie."
- Vicki: "Thanks for answering. I have been on about 5 - 6 different retail sites trying to find the best deal for my sons birthday. Found the exact title shoe at Sperry and shoes.com... only differenece was at shoes.com their shoe showed the lace being criss crossed - and one other thing the back doesn't show the sperry logo."
- janice: "Yes there are leather laces that tie."
Avery asked: If I plan on going barefoot in these, should I go down half a size?
- Gregory: "No these fit true to size. However if you wear them often, I would suggest buying a pair of Odor eaters! Seriously!"
- Marc: "No. Once these shoes are broken in you won't have to worry about size being barefoot. You would just need to tie them a little tighter."
- John: "I have worn these for years, and I don't reduce the size. You might want to do that if you normally wear very thick socks."
Tammy asked: Do you have a 10.5 in this shoe?
- Emily (staff): "We would be happy to notify you when stock in this item becomes available. To request an email notification, please follow the steps below: - Visit the item detail page of the desired style. - Click the "Don't See Your Size" link located next to "Add To Cart " button. - Enter your email address and the desired size in the pop up window that appears. - Click "Notify Me". Please note that this feature does not guarantee that stock will become available at a later date or that it is offered in the size featured in the "select size" drop down menu. Thanks, Shoes.com"